BAND OF IRONS

Welcome to Hommlet

The Knon hills are to the right and the Gnarly forest to the left as the party heads due north on a well maintained road. Just after sunup they spy a sleepy little farm town, about 30 buildings surrounded by fields and some trees. There is a church on the far side hill, and a defensive tower to the east edge. What looks like a large inn at the towns center. A few people can be seen moving about as the day begins….

Storm moves to the edge of town and skirts cautiously, the rest of the party wanders in on the main road. Dogs bark and a large woman eyes you cautiously from a window on the first house. An older man with a sack over his back is walking toward you. Children are shearing a sheep, a man is leading a horse from a barn……Good day travelers’" says the old man now 10 feet from you.

Pleasantries are exchanged and the party is directed to the Welcome Wench Inn, just 200 feet up the packed earth road. Farmhouses close together dot each side with their fields or pastures behind them. The Inn is a 2 story structure, made mostly of timber and looking to have a large gathering place on the first floor with rooms above as many small windows dot the second floor. Itis surrounded by a small rock wall, there are two traders wagons in the courtyard and a stable behind.

As the party nears the Inn there are two teenage boys, taking turns, punching each other in the arm. A large balding man with a stained leather jerkin, moves from the barn aside the Inn, yells at the teenagers who snap to attention and then he turns and welcomes you

“Hello travelers, I am Ostler your host, The Wench Welcomes you.” You see a sign with a buxom smiling woman holding several flagons of beer……The wagon they have been guarding is unhitched from its horse, which is led into the stable. Welby its merchant, gathers his wares to bring inside.

Storm meanwhile has found a stream running through the center of town, he is moving in it under the cover of its banks into the midst of the town…..

The party moves indie a well worn, lodge. Animal heads on the wall, huge rock fireplace, many tables for customers. The room is 80 feet long with a 20 high ceiling hung with metal chandeliers
6 solid log columns hold up the roof
Stairs lead up far to your left flanked by two doors
There are 3 large picnic style tables down the near wall
2 large round tables in the near and far corner and 6 smaller tables scatted throughout.
A large fireplace dominates the far wall, the huge head of a stag mounted at its center
Two serving girls are moving about the dozen guests seated at tables
Two men are seated at the bar, one turns to you and eyes you up and down.

Straight ahead is a bar with a dozen stools surrounding it, a middle aged woman smiles at you from behind the bar
About a dozen people are scattered about, Most notably
>Two scoundrel looking drinkers at the bar, being admonished by the barmaid, one of them looking at you.
>A portly noble? guarded by a monk and fighter eating at a table near the front door
>A well dressed card sharp plying her trade far in the back
>A passed out man at one table to your right

Tiberious Turok and Tobold all run to the bar, Vinny moves back to engage the cardsharp and Alynis, Kvothe, and Helm settle in to a table for food.

Man loking at you, at bar has a few days growth of beard, his white shirt is stained with beer, he has a dagger in a scabbard at his waist “Adventurers?” he says “Come in have a drink the ale is fantastic” he waves a hand

Tobold is first to the bar as he and Tiberious race there, Kvothe follows

The three sits near him he wall ask them if they are adventures? He wants to adventure as he needs gold for ale. He knows a lot of this area and could be a good guide (hiccups)

The others head to a table at the rear of the Inn

He looks to be some kind of fighter as he has decent muscles

Names Omiel, my brother is a famous fighter, he’s away on quests. I wanna be a famous fighter too! (slugs beer)

Other man at bar speaks up
“Don’t let this drunk talk you into taking him with you, come Omile old boy how bought we bet on another drinking game?”
The other man is wearing leather armor, but it is worn loose and not combat ready, he also has a dagger at his belt.

“Oh you took all my money,” blurts the first man
“How about you, you in?” asks the man in leather armor to Turok?

Group declines drinking games for now

Bar matron is Ostler’s wife Adlitami says “Shut up you two let the newcomers have a minute and an ale before you start hassling them”

Can I get you fine people some food or drink ?

Comments

george3 george3

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.